ndergoing a kitchen renovation
, or constructing a new kitchen? Then do not forget to browse through the variety of materials and accessories to get the best out of it! Here are a few kitchen countertop materials pinned down along with their pros and cons, for homeowners to select from.
As the very first step is to select the best kitchen countertop material, which should be long lasting, good in looks, comfortable to work at. Let's start with the most popular and commonly used countertop material and that is
The special blend of colors & textures
The pros of granite surfaces :
- Ideal for cooking enthusiasts
- Available in dozens of colors
- More durable than marble
- Won't scratch
- Resistant to heat and water, if sealed
- High resale value
- They are expensive
- Requires resealing about once a year
Creates beautiful, stylish spaces, that withstand the realities of everyday living.
Pros of Corian:
- Smooth surface
- Can seamlessly integrate sink and backsplash
- Easy to sand away stains or scratches
- Lots of color and pattern options available
- Can imitate other materials like concrete and marble
- Can be easily damaged by heat
- Easy to scratch and dent
- Can get stains
Blend of variety of colors, and is very easy to maintain & affordable to every household.
- Lots of color options
- Can crack and scratch
- Not heatproof
- Difficult to repair
Also known as "Butcher Block", one of the country styling way of designing countertops.
- Good for chopping/prep surface
- Gentle on delicate glassware/china
- Easily damaged by burns, dents spills and scratches
- Requires food-safe protective sealer
- Needs regular maintenance
- Will discolor if installed around the sink
Wooden countertop gives more of disadvantages than advantages.
A simple yet resilient countertop of all the kitchen countertops which lasts for many years.
- Comes in a variety of colors and patterns
- smooth surface
- Won't chip or dent
- Can be scratched or etched by acids (citrus, coffee, alcohol, some cleaning products) even if sealed.
A modern choice of countertop, to design a contemporary kitchen
- Stain proof
- Spill proof
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Help reflect light
- Can nick and scratch
- Can show fingerprints
So, here we are with so many choices and pros & cons of different materials for countertops. The choice is all yours! Get Started!
You may also like:
Common kitchen Problems & Solutions