A Guide To Reducing Your Household Energy Costs In The U.K & United States
Since in a typical UK and United States household, half the money spent on energy bills has gone towards the heating system, hence it's vital to set a process, which is cost effective and helps in the reduction of carbon dioxide emission as well.
Therefore, a guide has been prepared, in a variation from low to high cost saving tips which, if followed by the residents worldwide can bring in a difference.
Low Cost Saving Tips
* Installing water efficient shower heads are one of the easiest ways to improve water efficiency in your home and reduce your water and energy bills.
* Get water meters installed, to keep a check on the usage of water.
* Turn off all the electrical appliances completely when not in use, instead of leaving them in a standby mode.
Medium Cost Saving Tips
Draught-proofing is one of the cheapest and most efficient ways to save energy and money in any type of building. As draughts are uncontrolled therefore, they let in too much cold air and waste too much heat. Hence, draught proofing your home will help to block up unwanted gaps that let cold air in and warm air out. Saving warm air means you will use less energy to heat your home, and will save money.
Set control on the heating system:
* Set the heating system in such a way, that it turns on and off, and provides hot water only when needed.
* Opt to heat up the area only that's being used.
* Customize the temperature of the thermostat, as per requirement.
Replace all bulbs and halogen lamps with CFL and LED's.
High Cost Saving Tips
* Get cavity walls installed. It is used to reduce heat loss, by filling the airspace with material that inhibits heat transfer.
* Save energy with the addition of solar panels to your home.
Know The Ways To Save Money On Hot Water Bills
As the temperature falls, heating bills rise. Hence, here are some top tips on how to stay warm and save money.
* Do not waste water.
* Insulating the hot water pipes will save energy, as well as help in obtaining hot water more quickly.
* Set a control system - it makes the saving process easier, as you have a control, and can get hot water only when needed.
* Consider switching to gas, as it is comparatively cheaper than oil and electricity.
* Get a solar heater installed.
The energy crisis has given rise to a growing set of myths, which are busted by LCH (London Central Heating)
Myth & Fact: 1
Myth: Leaving the heat on, all day on a low temperature is cheaper than controlling the heat or turning it on and off as required.
Fact: Since thermostat turns the heat on and off, when it reaches the temperature set, hence leaving it on for the whole day is not recommended. Instead, combine this system with a time controller and set a time, when you prefer it to be turned on automatically.
Myth & Facts 2
Myth: Cranking up the thermostat, heats up the room.
Fact: Insulate to heat your room faster. Good, well installed insulation makes any home easier to heat. If there is already insulation in place, check if it is in good condition and that there are no gaps, as insulation degrades over time.
Myth And Fact 3
Myth: TV, laptops and other electrical appliances, do not use elsectricty when plugged in, but not in use.
Fact: Make sure to switch off the electrical appliances, instead of leaving it plugged in or idel, when not in use as few appliances and charges, draws out energy.People who read this also like: How To Protect Your Home From The Hazard
How Safe Is Your Home?
Energy Efficient Homes And Smart Building Trends
SERVICES CLOSE TO YOU